Sunday, December 16, 2012

My Christmas Card

There are so many projects I have on my to do list.  I am wondering how I will get to them all!

One of the reasons is that I am making my Christmas cards this year and they are turning out to be work more than I planned.  It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do, but I love it!

I am using a new tool:  Martha Stewart's Circle Edge Punch.  I saw this on HSN when it launched this fall and purchased it right away.  I wasn't quite sure what I would do with it, but I planned on making my cards with it.

The punch is quite a clever tool.  You center a piece of paper with a punch.  You punch the paper, remove the punch, rotate the paper and then put the punch back and punch again. You continue these steps until you've gone all the way around the paper.  There are magnets on the tool that ensure you rotate the paper the right amount and put the punch back in the same place at the same time.

Now, it can be a bit tough to punch if you are using cardstock.  I also spend a bit of time centering the cardstock on the tool.  My cards are 6" -- the smallest you can make.  However, these are minor issues in comparison to the beautiful designs you create!  You might not be able to tell, but I used very sparkly paper -- Paper Source's Lily White Sugar Coated paper.  I used all Paper Source products because I entered it into their Holiday Contest!  Wish me luck!

I cut the center circle their envelope in Quartz using my Cricut.  I embossed the greeting using

- stamp:  Happy Holidays To From Rubber Stamp
- stamp pad:  VersaMark Watermark Inkpad
- embossing powder:  Ranger Queen's Gold Embossing Powder

The bow is Paper Source's Vintage Gold Satin Ribbon, 1/4"

I used Zots adhesive to attach the center circle and the bow.


Note:  I cut 12" x 12" cardstock into quarters.  I have to use 6 1/2" square envelopes for mailing.  You can get these envelopes from Paper Source (online only) and they require additional postage.


Does this sound labor-intensive?  You bet it is!  If you don't get one of these cards, don't feel bad.  I might not be able to make everyone's card before Christmas!

By the way, I owe my crafty prowess to my bestie, Purely Inspired!

I suppose I should show you the card, huh?? :)









1 comment:

Diane said...

I can attest; they are gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...