Thursday, November 13, 2008

Seams to Me!

No, that is not a misspelling! That is the title of Anna Maria Horner's new book, "Seams to Me: 24 New Reasons to Love Sewing", that I forgot to mention in my last post. Silly moi!

I forgot to mention that there were a ton of Anna's books in her booth. I asked if I could purchase one, and she gave me an enthusiastic "Yes!" I was told that because it was Quilt Market (trade only) and not Quilt Festival (general public), that I wouldn't be able to buy anything. So, I was both surprised and quite pleased when I found out I could purchase the book. Just between us, it was discounted. Of course, I had to buy a ticket to Houston and share a room at the Hilton to get that discount!! Anna signed it for me, so that is, of course, priceless!

I read Anna's book on the plane on the way home. New reasons to love sewing is right! The book is full of fun crafty ideas to wear and for around the home -- some of which I have not seen in other books.

I am looking forward to making the pin cushion caddy. Imagine a bread bowl made of fabric. You can stick pins in it like a pincusion and put sewing notions in the middle. What a novel idea! I would like to make one of those for my mom.

There are also instructions on how to make a garment bag, cleverly entitled "The Great Dress Escape". I bought some fabric awhile back that I have been meaning to make a garment bag with. It is to die for! Can't wait to share that!

The other project that caught my eye is called "Fabric Is Fine Art." It shows you how to take an "inspirational image," as Anna calls it, and reproduce it with fabric!

Lastly, I really like the purses, entitled "Taxi Tote" and "I'll Have One of Everything Bag." I cannot wait to get started!

1 comment:

nasty_wench, AKA sharon-lizette said...

A garment nag, eh... sounds very cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...