Tuesday, August 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday: iPad Mini Sleeve


Top: Fabric cut and batting added
Bottom: Quilting added and binding in progress

Now that PB-Complete is, well, complete (and featured on Andover Fabrics' Facebook page Monday!), I can get back to my other projects.  I blogged about this iPad Mini sleeve earlier and now I am glad I can continue working on it.

This is the laptop computer sleeve project from the spring 2013 issue of Modern Patchwork.  I am making it for my aunt's iPad mini, however, so I adjusted the measurements.  I made it big enough for an iPad mini with a smart cover and case.  At least I hope I did!  (I made the front panel 9.5" x 8" and the back panel 12.5" x 8".  Fingers crossed!)

In the top left picture, can you see that the large rectangle on the left has upside down ladies on it?  I sewed it that way so that when I fold the flap down the ladies will be right side up.  So, the back panel is made up of two pieces, one that is 9.5" and 3.5" for the flap.  You need to do this only if your fabric is directional.  I tried to make it such that the motifs would match when the flap is closed, but I didn't account for the fact that the batting would make the flap a bit shorter.

(Edit: The measurements given are the sizes I cut the pieces)

In my previous post I said the fabric was from Alexander Henry, but I noticed today that it is actually Timeless Treasures!  I bought this fabric some time ago, so I'm not sure if it's still available.

See what else is going on this WIP Wednesday on Freshly Pieced!


4 comments:

MalinisQuilts said...

That's awesome!Congratulations Tina!

Talk of mini Sleeve. I have to make one for my Samsung Note. Any tips?
let me know.

alidiza said...

I love your attention to detail:-) So excited to see you Pearl Bracelets over at Andover. I adore that quilt!!!

Jen said...

Loved seeing your quilt on Andover. You're aunt is going to love her cover.

Shannon said...

Too cute! I love that you planned well enough to have the ladies right side up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...