Sunday, May 26, 2013

To Boston With Love



Saturday we went to see "To Boston with Love" at the MFA.  The flags looked great displayed all over the Shapiro Family Courtyard.  They were so colorful and festive.  I just kept smiling!

My Peace Hexies on display!

I found my hexy peace signs!  They stood out (to me, anyway) because they were on a white background.  I also met Amy, who I had corresponded with online (and purchased a pattern from) and Berene, who conceived the idea of "To Boston with Love".  It was also fun seeing flags from fellow BMQG members Alice, Jane and Alexis!

Alice's letter and Jane's peace sign and patchwork heart

Amy's "B Strong", "Love Heals" flag and her flag of the Zakim bridge

Alexis' dove and Citgo Love flags

Berene said she was exhausted but she was also pleased that her idea got so much response (over 1700 flags, according to Amy!) and that it all went so well.  Admission to the MFA was free so there was a line around the block at opening time.  Many people went to the museum to see the flags and to see the excellent Samurai exhibit!

Berene's flags:  peace sign, scrappy heart and love

Not many people can say they've exhibited at the MFA but now I can!

2 comments:

alidiza said...

What a beautiful exhibit, I can't wait to see it for myself!!! Love those pearl bracelet hexies, makes me want to keep making flags;-)

Diane said...

That's so exciting! What a milestone to see your own work hanging with the masters. :) I'll look for your hexies when I visit tonight!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...