Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sew, Mama, Sew! Thread Post Answers


I'm writing this post to win Amy thread and Kaffe thread from SMS! It's too bad Meeting Time Gunn will no longer be my top post!

* How did you select colors for your personal thread collection?
* Do you always match the color perfectly to your project?
--- Yes.
* Do you ever use contrasting thread?
--- Yes, but it generally matches somewhere.
* Do you use the same color in the bobbin as the upper thread?
--- Yes. I haven't gotten that adventurous yet.
* What if a fabric has big areas of very different colors?
--- I just select the color I like best.
* Do you have any tips or suggestions about choosing thread?
--- I have learned the hard way that you should not buy a beautiful collection of thread in all colors of the rainbow for $10! Do not skimp on thread!!
* Can you show us a picture(s) of your thread collection?
--- Yes! I have old and new thread. Some is from my mom's stash from years ago!
* Do you ever buy thread because you fall in love with the color (without a particular project in mind)?
--- No, I've never done that.
* Do you "invest" in thread?
--- If it means buying the best thread for the job, yes!
* What types of thread do you have? (elastic, quilting, all-purpose, wool, etc.)
--- I use mostly all-purpose thread.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...