Friday, February 27, 2009

Tavern on the Green

Later Friday night, Laura K called to invite me to Saturday brunch at Tavern on the Green. Hmmm, let me think about this.... uh, yeah!

Saturday morning I got up to get ready for brunch. As I do at home, I turn the TV to Bravo, first thing, in the hopes that old PR episodes are playing. I was treated to some episodes of Season 5. Hooray! In case you are wondering, yes, I do know that I am obsessed with the show.

Thankfully, the day was clear and crisp yet much warmer than the previous day. It almost felt like spring time in Central Park. I was glad I arrived early so that I could walk around a bit with all the other New Yorkers. :) Laura K, Kaitlin, The Scarlett, and TBone soon arrived and we chatted until the restaurant opened. Once inside, we waited for the others since they don't seat you at "the Green" unless your entire party has arrived. I met the lovely Amanda Fields, PR model extraordinaire. She is pretty, tall and such a nice person. (I have to say during this adventure I met the most amount of nice people I ever have in a 24-hour period!)

Amanda walked during the finale show and looked beautiful. As I said in an earlier post, I thought that designer's clothes were the most wearable. She told us a bit of what Fashion Week was like this year, and the differences with Season 6. Sorry, kids, I'm not telling anything! (I must admit it was fun being privy to little details I otherwise would not have known.)

Joe Faris and his lovely wife, Kara, joined us as well as a friend of Kaitlin's. They, too, are super nice people. Unfortunately, TBone could not stay because had to leave because he had to catch his flight. (Later, TBone! We'll catch up soon!) We walked into the main dining area that was absolutely gorgeous. The dining room is a sunny, glassed in gazebo. The sunlight streamed in and the beautiful gardens surrounded the room.

We enjoyed a delicious lunch (I do recommend the lobster bisque) and lively conversation. We discussed more PR tidbits about seasons past, a little PR trivia and some reminiscing of Amanda's run in Season 3. She was a trooper! I sat next to Kara. She told me that Joe went to school in Boston at Mount Ida. If you are a PR fan, then you know that Joe won the drag queen challenge, "Queen for a Day". He dressed Varla in a pepto-pink, skin-tight, sequined, sailor-style jumpsuit and gave her an Ann-Margaret vibe. Kara said at the time of the first airing, she guessed the topic of the show because it was announced that RuPaul would be the guest judge. However, she had no idea that Joe won that challenge. She had invited a dozen friends over to watch the episode! I'm sure that was a pleasant surprise!!

My Project Runway weekend had come to a close. It was a blast. I had so much fun. Thanks again, BPR!! Until the next adventure.....

3 comments:

nasty_wench, AKA sharon-lizette said...

So, my question is Tina, when will you become a designer on PR? Maybe you could start as a model?

Sounds like you had a rockin' time!!!!!!

Tina in Boston said...

Hey Sharona, I totally wish I could be on PR. I do not have the sewing skills for that! Model? Ummm no, but thanks for the vote of confidence!! :) Yup, it was a total blast.

Diane said...

So when is BPR going to hire you on as an official team member? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...