Friday, August 15, 2008

Red Barn Sewing and Yarn

Surprise, surprise. It's raining again in Boston. This is definitely the rainiest summer I've experienced in my 15 years here. I don't know what else to say about it. Grin and bear it, I guess.

Another booth I visited at the Lowell Quilt Festival is Red Barn Sewing and Yarn! How cool is that rhyme? I have visited them every year I've been to the festival. I must admit that I already know the owners, Helen and Linda, so I would visit them anyway. They always have a great set up at the quilt festival.

I have been to their shop as well. It's in Merrimac, MA. It's a bit of a hike, but definitely worth it! They have converted a red barn into a quaint and fabric-packed quilt shop. They also have a great selection of Japanese fabrics as well as sashiko supplies. Linda, Helen, and the other staff members are always very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I bought some of my fabric there for my Bento Box Christmas Quilt. I hope to take the quilt to the shop for their opinion as I'm putting it together.

I must say that I know Helen and Linda through Danielle (Linda's daughter and Helen's niece. Oh, did I mention Linda and Helen are sisters?). Danielle was our wedding coordinator. I got really lucky when I found her... online! Danielle is the owner of Details Within, a premier wedding planning service. Danielle is a true professional. She knows how to handle the stresses of a wedding day and make it look effortless. She leaves no detail unanswered. She helped my wedding day go off without a hitch. I also helped her at a wedding once upon a time, so I've seen her on both sides! If you are looking for a wedding planner, I highly recommend Danielle.

1 comment:

Teagan said...

Hello mate great bllog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...