Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lowell Quilt Festival

Hello!

Yes, it's been awhile, as I was reminded by one of my readers last week. Hi DW! :) I've been busy this summer. Since I'm waiting for a thesis director to be assigned to me, I decided to take a Flash class at Massachusetts Collge of Art and Design (MassArt). I made a prototype of my thesis project. Hooray! The project is more concrete in my brain. I suppose I'll have more information on all that later. But basically, it's the reason for my other blog, FlexAIR (which I have not updated for months, by the way). I think I should rename it FlashAIR, since it doesn't look like I'll be using Flex. Anyway.... I finished that and started painting my upstairs bathrom. I thought I would paint it in a day. Hubby used to do this kind of work in another life and had other plans for me, like sanding the walls down first. Oy to the vey. Let's just say I've been doing it for a week and I'm not done yet. I have just the door to do, though, and I'll be finished. I could have finished it today, but I went to the....

Lowell Quilt Festival. There were some really nice quilts there. However, I have to say that the quilts of the 2006 and 2004 festivals were much better. I took so many pictures those years. In fact, in 2004, I went back the second day to get more pictures. I was not too heartbroken that my camera battery died today. I did happen to get the picture of the quilted car cover! How cool is that? It was quilted to advertise the New England Quilt Museum. I got a few pictures of quilts on my cell phone that I will have to figure out how to get on the computer. I don't currently subscribe to the email option on my cell phone, so I'll have to work something out. I took a picture of a really cool double wedding ring quilt. I was surprised it didn't get any awards, as was one woman who also admired the quilt.

There are also lots of vendors at the show. There aren't as many as have been in years past. I think the transportation costs has prevented people from far away from coming. I like to patronize the vendors who've come from so far. I also like finding out about local shops that I can visit.

I will talk about the vendors I visited in upcoming posts. The first vendor I'll share is Fabric Peddlers of Nederland, CO. They are a husband and wife team who have a great rapport. The husband is a bit of a jokester, which keeps things interesting between them, I'm sure. I bought a beautiful Asian fabric. They have some other beautiful Asian fabrics that I'd never seen before. I could have done some damage there, but I bought just one fabric. (I went to the show with a $50 bill and promised myself that I would not spend more than that -- including the $12 admission and $5 parking). They also had beautiful Aboriginal Australian fabric and batiks. I guess the Aboriginal fabrics are becoming popular or I'm behind the times. Lots of vendors had them, so the latter is probably true.

Note... I will post the picture of the car cover after charging the camera!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...