Thursday, March 13, 2008

First Post

Hello and welcome to BostonSewer! The first sewing project I'd like to share with you is a little quilt I made for my friend, Beth, who had a baby boy in Februray. I used the "Super Quick + Easy Baby Quilt" pattern found in Joelle Hoverson's book "Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts". Soon, I'll tell a little story of how I purchased that book! Hi Sharona!! :)

The quilt is fairly easy. I'd say the hardest part was doing the tying. I put in 81 machine-sewed ties. And I had to do all 81 twice, because I didn't like the way I did them the first time. I'll post my notes on making this quilt to make it easier for anyone who might like to try it.

I love Joelle's book, by the way. The photography is beautiful, but I wish there were diagrams to go along with the instructions. Until the next post, here is the blanket.

1 comment:

nasty_wench, AKA sharon-lizette said...

Tina!

Finally the long-awaited blog has begun.

I can remember the day we got our books at Purl Patchwork. Great memories!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...