Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wonky Quilt Top Complete!


The Wonky, Wonky Music quilt top is complete!  I am so happy.  I am going to quilt it myself on a long arm.  DH would have it no other way.   I told him that those bow ties were a doozy.  He reminded me that I tend to do that to myself.  Case in point:   hexagons and kimonos.


I have bow ties leftover that I am going to use for the back.

I am trying to get this wonky quilt finished in two weeks.  Naturally, I got the bright idea to make a quilt for Mom for her birthday, which is in a couple of weeks as well.  It is not going to be a difficult quilt.  I have some Heather Bailey Lottie Da design rolls, so I am going to use those to make a Jelly Roll Jam quilt from Fat Quarter Shop.  How fun is that?  I am going to make it 48" by 60" so that it will be a nice lap quilt.  I am starting a new trend in that I am making quilts for family members, LOL!!



I started laying out the strips on my design wall this weekend.   This fabric is so pretty I was so tempted to start sewing these strips.  I must be strong!  I cannot start until I finish the back of Wonky, Wonky Music!  I am even using the same thread so I am practicing serious restraint right now.

See what everyone else is up to this WIP Wednesday!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love that wonky top - it came out so great! Do you have a go-to longarmer that you use? I'm thinking I might need to send something out for the first time and need some local recommendations :)

Anonymous said...

Love your bowtie quilt! So fun!

Jen said...

That top turned out awesome. I can't wait to see how you quilt it.

MalinisQuilts said...

Now you sound like me. Once I start looking at the fabrics I can't hold myself back cutting into it and start sewing ;).

Your Wonky musician quilt top is looking awesome. Can't wait to see how to quilt it!

Casey York said...

You Wonky Music top turned out amazing! Fantastic job! Can't wait to see how you quilt it!

alidiza said...

Wow!!! I LOVE your wonky top... I'ts going to be much loved. I can't wait to see what you do with the jellyroll!!! Heather Bailey is one of my all time faves:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...