Saturday, June 14, 2008

Candlelite Quilts



I've been searching high and low for fabric for my Bento Box Christmas Quilt (BBCQ). I went to the New England Quilt Museum this afternoon in search of a print or two. I asked the ladies there if they had any Christmas fabric. Not yet! However, I did manage to get the "Quilter's Travel Companion". It's like a "yellow pages" for quilt shops in the US and Canada. It also has listings of quilt shows, too. It's new for 2008. How cool is this? I bought it so I can look for new shops, because I'm having a hard time finding fabric. I was really only looking for shops in Massachusetts, but this can't hurt, right? I also have an idea for a little project. More on that later.

While I was there, I also purchased "The Quilter's Catalog - A Comprehensive Resource Guide". It is full of information on everything quilting. It has information on tools, fabric, notions, collecting quilts, quilt photography, quilt shows -- the works!

I was telling the ladies at the NEQM that I was having trouble finding fabric. They suggested I go to Candlelite Quilts in Chelmsford. Chelmsford! Where is that? She mentioned 495, and passing Route 3 and then Route 110. Quite foreign to me. Anyway, Hubby is out golfing today, so I figured, "why not?" I am quite glad I did. Candlelite Quilts makes its home in a cute little cottage surrounded by a white picket fence. Candlelite Quilts has a great selection of fabric. The pinks, browns, blues, and reds, florals, polka dots, and prints are fabulous! The staff is really nice and they didn't hesitate at all when I asked for their opinion on fabric choices. I bought two fabrics for the BBCQ, two other fabrics I liked and two Candlelite Quilt mugs.

They also feature designs for wool applique, redwork, and rug punching. There was a class on using a new type of quilting ruler going on when I arrived. Too bad I didn't make it there earlier! Candlelite Quilts is definitely a keeper! I'll return the next time I'm shopping for a project.

2 comments:

nasty_wench, AKA sharon-lizette said...

So... another fabric place you'll have to take me to someday. :-)

Tina in Boston said...

Yes... you'd love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...